Tuesday 25 November 2014

Celebration Of Style

I recently went along to the Celebration of Style event in Liverpool. After a journey of hell to Manchester, (not going on megabus for a while!) a sleepover in Manchester with my good friend Danielle, and a 50 minute train ride from Manchester to Liverpool I finally arrived! 

I didn't realise how vast the event was, It basically was across 3 days in all different venues in Liverpool. From fashion shows, exhibitions, djs, parties, makeovers, shopping and music. There was a lot going on! I had purchased my ticket for the Influence of Style event, these were seminars taking place at Rum Warehouse next to the Titanic hotel at Stanley Dock. What had really stood out to me was the topics going to be discussed at the seminars and the guest speakers they had booked to take part. They seemed really relevant to me right now as I undergo a transition of career from Aviation to Fashion and answered some questions I have been fearing/wondering about. As well as give me a tonne of motivation and inspiration. 

    @c_of_style          @Cricketecom
             

 I love the north! Girls in Manchester and Liverpool really go all out, not only in the way they dress but their hair and makeup too. There was lots of cool little pop up shops in the warehouse as well as the seminars. It was interesting to meet and speak to buyers for Matalan (the whole event was in association with Matalan) it was really useful and interesting looking at their portfolios of designs and the amount of detail that goes into just one piece of a collection.


The guest speaker who I learnt most from was a lady called Justine Mills she is  co founder and owner of Cricket Boutique in Liverpool. I didn't get the chance to visit as didn't have enough time but it is defiantly on my list for my next visit. Rather famous and well known in Liverpool, Cricket is one of the most "foremost independent super boutiques in the UK". Justine went on to explain how she opened Cricket at the young age of 19 with very little money but had a lot of passion and motivation. Also with the help of family and friends has made it into what it is today. It is now home to some of the most wanted designers of right now including Cèline, Lanvin and many more. 

             Justine Mills in action



I also got to chat to celebrity stylist Lorraine McCulloch it was really inspiring hearing her own stories and views on the world of styling and how she started out. She gave me some advice and I am going to take it and run with it.

Passion. Drive. Risk.

Hannah xx

PS I also done a flying Visit of the Tim Bret Exhibiton 


No comments:

Post a Comment